with thanks to thisisnorthkensington.wordpress.com

Comments

DAMESATHOME@GMAIL.COM
send the Dame your information, discretion assured.
Comments are welcome but do not necessarily reflect the view of the Dame.
Offensive/inappropriate comments will be deleted and the poster banned.

Monday 23 April 2012

The Dame had a tip off that a great contributor to the welfare of the local community is at last slowing down, after years of hard work.
What a great pleasure it is to pay tribute to the ever popular Annie Redmile.
Anyway, below Annie lets us know where her focus is going to be....and the Dame was much relieved to know she is not intending to compete with the Dame.
Well done and thank you, Annie, for all your hard work.
The Dame sends her very best wishes.


Hello 

I just wanted to let you know that I have taken a decision about my future. I am going to be stepping down from nearly all - and all by the end of this year -  my committee/local organisation work to enable me to focus just on Active Link and other media activities - even a return to my Blog, but it won't be like The Hornet's Nest!!

Some things won't change, in that I would like to keep regularly in contact with you all. You are on my VIP list!

At the risk of causing Stephen embarrassment -  but I am going to say it anyway - he and his colleagues at Community Engagement are a delight to work with. I think they 'get me' and I certainly 'get them'. As far as I am concerned, I am working 'in partnership' with you all - and I intend to share my local contacts work with the team and drive a lot of information through Active Link - and generally help in anyway I can. 

Something that has given me personally a big boost recently - is the latest supporter of Active Link is Evan Davis. He has agreed to appear at the Business Expo - as Active Link will be there. He understands what we are doing and is constructive and willing to help. I have shown him the progress with our branding and he has given his seal of approval- phew!  

I don't think the Active Link has had the recognition and support that it deserves - but in fairness we/I need to really build it up and raise its profile. It can be made available for any and all of the wards to file stories. I believe also that it can be used by Keith Robins and his team for 'resilience work'. I still feel that Neighbourhood Watch deserves a proper appraisal and real marketing. Otherwise, the police will have other priorities and it will die again. Again, Neighbourhood Watch could be run partly through Active Link - and some stories about NW are to go up shortly. I'll be having a good chat with you Jason about this. Our aim is to drive Active Link forward to the point that at least 4/5 stories will be filed everyday making it the site to know and use.

Although I do not seem to have communicated my goodwill, ideas and enthusiasm to everyone - hopefully time will heal all!!

Active Link is deserving of serious help - and I intend to get it. It has been developed in the most 'budget concious' way possible and future costs/budgets are on a similarly prudent scale. Just to give you an idea. We need around £2,500 a year to cover admin and site costs. There will need to be a budget for 'volunteers', an editorial budget (to free me up to manage the volunteers and their training and motivation etc - and I believe we can be very creative with the volunteer role.  I am sure you will get 'my drift'. 'Big Society' has been us - and still will be in part. But it is time for serious business to be done and a bit more partnership work. (Although my thanks to Wilson, Jas

It has been wonderful the last couple of days or so, thinking and working quietly here at home - no people, no meetings and lots achieved - so satisfying. Back to where I feel really comfortable. 

Seriously, I do look forward to carrying on with my community work but just in a different and more focused way. And, I wont be disappearing completely from the social scene at least.  I hope that you will all award me 'trusted hack' status?!!

Warm best wishes
Annie  

7 comments:

  1. Stunning site! Do you have any accommodating clues for trying essayists? I’m wanting to begin my own site soon yet I’m somewhat lost on everything. Would you prompt beginning with a free stage like or go for a paid alternative? There are such a large number of alternatives finance assignment help out there that I’m totally overpowered .. Any thoughts? Welcome it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I needed a learndash customization to add some extra features on my site.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am extremely impressed with your rip wheeler cole hauser black jacket writing skills as well as with the layout on your blog.

    ReplyDelete

  4. Thanks for such wonderful blog that looks pretty different, I would suggest you please make a proper plan for your blog and start professional blogging as a career, One day you would be smart enough to earn some money, wishing you help with dissertation a best of luck my friend, Thanks a lot for your nice support and love.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for such wonderful blog that looks pretty different, I would suggest you please make a proper plan for your blog and start professional blogging as a career, One day you would be smart enough to earn some money, expert service uk wishing you a best of luck my friend, Thanks a lot for your nice support and love.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will always let you and your words become part of my day because you never know how much you make my day happier and more complete. There are even times when I feel so down but I will feel better right after checking your blogs. You have made me feel so good about myself assignment help uk all the time and please know that I do appreciate everything that you have

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning site! Do you have any accommodating clues for trying essayists? I’m wanting to begin my own site soon yet I’m somewhat lost on everything. Would you prompt beginning with a free stage like or go for a paid alternative? help with essay helper There are such a large number of alternatives out there that I’m totally overpowered .. Any thoughts? Welcome it!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are your responsibility. Anyone posting inappropriate comments shall have their comment removed and will be banned from posting in future. Your IP address may also be recorded and reported. Persistent abuse shall mean comments will be severely restricted in future.