Cynics might wonder whether there could be a connection between the following events....
- an upcoming election in May
- three candidates determined to kick him in the goolies
The questions will be useful as icebreakers so you can build a rapport with the absentee Cllr Cockell.
Pooter loves grand motor cars so you could start on this....
- you denied ever having used the Mayor's Bentley, then, when pressed admitted you had. Is that not called lying?
- why did you charge the council $185 for a dinner for two and refuse to identify your guest?
- Eric Pickles has said you should not be double or triple jobbing so why, in addition to the £75,000 you got as leader did you carry on in that job whilst collecting another c £54,000 a year as chairman of LGA?
- On your three day BT marketing trip to New York you stayed at the Sofitel for another two days at a cost of $395 a night.Why did you charge this to taxpayers?
- Mr Gove instructed that no secondary school cost more than £33 million and should add places. Holland Park School cost £100 million and added not one extra place:did you get special permission to waste all this money?
- On another of your trips you and the disgraced Ian Clement splurged $270 on a steaks and crab cakes at world famous Keens Steakhouse. Why should we pay for your gluttony?
- Did you enjoy your three day stay at Boston's luxurious Bryant Hotel? And was the marble bath worth the £1700 it costs us taxpayers?
- We know you are a terribly important chap, but did you really need a limo at $126 to take you from Kennedy to Downtown. I normally take the subway for a couple of dollars.
- Are you cross that the Government stopped your pension?