The Dame welcomes Ev Hesketh's appeal to the voters of Royal Hospital Ward.
Unlike the Louisiana carpet bagger Ev has been a resident of this parish for over thirty years.
She is well known, well liked and highly regarded.
Five years ago, standing as a Green Party member, she got an incredible 550 votes.
Now, as one of the Independent 'loose alliance' in Chelsea, she has a manifesto which will resonate with all of us frightened at the speed at which the area is being trashed.
There is no part of Chelsea she does not know and love.
She will be a doughty fighter on behalf of all those feeling disenfranchised by a Council whose agenda is slanted towards developers and 'BIG MONEY'.
Her lawyer opponent certainly comes from Yankee "BIG MONEY"!
So, if you want to make a change and halt to the degradation of Chelsea vote for a change.
We no longer have a local newspaper so I would be grateful if you could publish this last minute appeal to the voters of Royal Hospital Ward.
I am resident of Royal Hospital Ward and have lived locally for over thirty years.
Recently, all the things that help to make Chelsea special have been disappearing.
With your help we need to reverse this trend.
I am standing for the local election for this Ward on May 22nd 2014.
By voting for me your views as local residents will be conveyed regularly to the council.
Five years ago I stood for the Green Party in the Ward and managed to get over 550 votes.
If elected I will fight on this platform.....
- I am against selling off our land to developers for luxury unaffordable homes, many of which go to absentee investors
- I am against the disposal of our fire stations, police stations and our much needed social housing form the area.
- I am against being forced to live on a permanent building site, while most of Chelsea is endlessly redeveloped, adding hugely to the traffic congestion in what is already the most polluted borough in Europe.
- I am against removing our cinemas, public open spaces and genuinely useful shops.
- And I am against further deep basement excavation.
I say YES to planning and building which considers all the Chelsea community and its history
YES to developing and investing money in our local amenities to be accessible to all.
And YES to retaining The Royal Brompton Hospital Fulham Wing for medical purposes.
Finally, never forget.... before the intrusion of national politics in local government Independent councillors were a brake on the arrogance of 'BIG POLITICS'.
So when you vote for me you vote for a return to voter accountability.
.....and thank you Dame