The Dame's idiot playboy nephew, Ludo, is always pestering the old thing about getting into a business where he can indulge his greedy ways. She had suggested local government but having seen how Mr Exford looks after himself she is now trying to push Ludo into a charity housing association sector....sounds a nice little earner for a lowly housing manager....
More news from the Dame's 'favourite' charitable housing association, Affinity Sutton, (in)famous for its nefarious dealings on the Sutton Estate in Chelsea.
|£1000 a day 'charity' worker!|
Taylor Wimpey's new development of 133 apartments at the old Grand Union Centre on Ladbroke Grove (wittily marketed as The Ladbroke) includes 22 shared-ownership flats and 18 social rent properties that will come under the auspices of Affinity Sutton. For £126,000, you'll get a 25 percent share of a one-bedroom flat, with rent to pay for the other 75 percent, on top of the mortgage and service charge.
The development includes a rather charming internal courtyard garden for communal use. But not if you're one of the shared ownership or tenant types, whose flats are no doubt round the back by the bins. They, we learn from a gushing piece in the Evening Standard, will be firmly excluded from the garden. And quite right too! Obviously, anyone who can afford the full £503,000 won't want to mix with those who only paid a quarter of that, or worse, the social tenants.
And just to remind us how far Affinity Sutton has departed from its original ethos of providing housing for people less wealthy than Mr Exford,Gemma Wallace, a senior sales manager at Affinity Sutton tells the Standard, “It has definitely got good potential for price growth.”
Someone should remind Affinity Sutton that people on lower incomes aren't looking for an investment, they're looking for somewhere they can afford to live.
Well done Affinity Sutton! And a special thank you from the poor folk of North Kensington to Keith Exford, who by the way earned £5,559 per week in 2013/14. Not bad for a charity worker, eh?
Best wishes from North Kensingtonian